Here is a list of things you could do, in no particular order, depending on your interests and budget.
- Visit the historical sites in Mattancherry/Fort Kochi - Jew Town, Jewish synagogue, St. Francis church, Santa Cruz Basilica, Vasco House, Dutch Palace, Fort Kochi beach, Chinese fishing nets and watch the sunset.
- Swim at Cherai beach and take in the fishing villages, paddy fields and coconut groves and sip the juice of a tender coconut.
- Visit museums and art galleries - Museum of Kerala History, Gallery of Contemporary Art, Hill Palace museum and Chaithram Art Gallery
- Shop for curios, handicraft and clothes along MG Road, Broadway or Jew Town (Mattancherry).
- View a Kathakali performance.
- Take a course of relaxing Ayurvedic massage at one of the leading Ayurvedic hospitals or your hotel, if such a service is available
- Take a brief boat-ride along the scenic backwaters of Cochin. For extended period, hire a kettuvallom (houseboat) and spend a few nights on board slowly travelling up the tranquil backwaters and having freshly cooked meals prepared with freshly caught fish.
- Visit some of the temples, churches, or mosques that form an indelible part of many Kochiites life.
- Spend a few days in the hill resorts at Thekkady, Munnar or stay in a tree house, up north in Wayanad district.
- Wildlife/bird spotting at Mangalavanam, Kodanad, Kumarakom, Thattekad or Thekkady.
- Children and adults alike might like a visit to South India's largest amusement park - Veega Land.
A village boatman, Muvattupuzha river
Fishing boat near Vypeen